Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionA repositioning of French women's struggle for suffrage within the distinct cultural landscape of the masculine hour system. Whether activists demanded admission to the popular ritual of the duel or publicly shamed men for their extramarital sexual behaviour, they appropriated extralegal hour codes to enact new civic and familial identities.
- Author BiographyANDREA MANSKER is Associate Professor of History at Sewanee: University of the South, USA. She recently contributed to the volume edited by Elinor Accampo and Christopher E. Forth, Confronting Modernity in Fin-de-Siecle France: Bodies, Minds and Gender (2010).
- Author(s)Andrea Mansker
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleGenders and Sexualities in History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight615 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.