All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.50
About this product
- DescriptionCovering sex allocation, sex determination and operational sex ratios, this multi-author volume provides both a conceptual context and an instruction in methods for many aspects of sex ratio research. Theory, statistical analysis and genetics are each explained and discussed in the first three sections. The remaining chapters each focus on research in one of a wide spectrum of animal, plant and microbial taxa, including sex ratio distorting bacteria in invertebrates, malarial parasites, birds, human and other mammals, giving critical appraisals of such research. Sex Ratios: Concepts and Research Methods is primarily intended for graduate and professional behavioural and evolutionary ecologists in this field, but it will also be useful to biologists building evolutionary models, and researchers analysing data involving proportions or comparisons across phylogenetically related species.
- Author BiographyIAN HARDY is Senior Research Fellow in Biological Sciences at the University of Sunderland. He has published more than 50 articles, about half of which focus on sex ratios, and currently serves as Consulting Editor for the journal Animal Behaviour.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication13/06/2002
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note70 b/w illus. 1 colour illus.
- Weight780 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byIan C. W. Hardy
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.