All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs the history of life a series of accidents or a drama scripted by selfish genes? Is there an essential human nature, determined at birth or in a distant evolutionary past? What should we conserve species, ecosystems, or something else? Informed answers to questions like these, critical to our understanding of ourselves and the world around us, require both a kwledge of biology and a philosophical framework within which to make sense of its findings. In this accessible introduction to philosophy of biology, Kim Sterelny and Paul E. Griffiths present both the science and the philosophical context necessary for a critical understanding of the most exciting debates shaping biology today. The authors, both of whom have published extensively in this field, describe the range of competing views including their own on these fascinating topics. With its clear explanations of both biological and philosophical concepts, <i>Sex and Death</i> will appeal t only to undergraduates, but also to the many general readers eager to think critically about the science of life.
- Author(s)Kim Sterelny,Paul Griffiths
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication28/05/1999
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleScience & Its Conceptual Foundations S.
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note16 halftones, 25 line drawings, further reading
- Weight590 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.67Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.