Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection is comprised of mostly new and a few award-winning stories that still resonate over the years. Adroitly combining accessibility and subtlety, understated wit and restrained emotion with a predilection for the slightly off-centre -- the collection explores a range of human experiences locally and internationally. From a gifted student of science embarrassed by his parents, to a musician who loses his son to a different kind of music, to an old woman reluctant to leave her Chinese prison, Radu's stories often begin with a seemingly mir detail or event and travel from there to the heart of disaffection, despair, hope, and unusual forms of recovery and understanding. Original in concept and challenging ordinary expectations, the stories maintain a firm hold on traditional narrative structures. The collection continues Radu s venture into new territories of personal experience and emotional drama, maintaining an undercurrent of surprising, sometimes satirical humour throughout.
- Author BiographyKenneth Radu is the author of The Cost of Living, Distant Relations, A Private Performance, Home Fires, and Snow Over Judaea.
- Author(s)Kenneth Radu
- PublisherDC Books,Canada
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMontreal, QC
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDC Books,Canada
- Weight284 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.