Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionSince the first computer games became available, sex has played a role in some form. But with the release of games like Playboy(R) The Mansion(TM), Leisure Suit Larry(TM) and The Singles, sexual content has gained a firm foothold and, for the first time, ventured into the mainstream. Even casual games like The Sims have started to rev things up a bit, and in online games, talks of cybering have become commonplace. This sexual revolution in games has generated intense scrutiny of the games industry by political watchdog groups and family-oriented organizations, and it has brought the importance of self-regulation and rating systems to the forefront of the industry. Sex in Video Games provides insight into the history of sex in games as well as the most exhaustive coverage of the Grand Theft Auto San Andreas(TM) Hot Coffee incident available in print. In addition, the book considers ethical issues, parental and retailer responsibility and explores industry attempts at self regulation, along with a growing concern about potential censorship.
- Author BiographyBrenda Brathwaite is an award-winning game designer, artist, writer and creative director who entered the video game industry in 1981 at the age of 15. She is the longest continuously serving woman in the video game industry. Brenda worked with a variety of digital game companies as a game designer or creative director, including Atari, Sir-tech Software, Electronic Arts and numerous companies in the social and mobile space. She is presently the Game Designer in Residence at the University of California at Santa Cruz and the Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of Loot Drop, a social and mobile game company. She is presently Game Designer in Residence at the University of California in Santa Cruz.
- Author(s)Brenda Brathwaite
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight532 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.