All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.52Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionSarah Forbes was in graduate school when she stumbled upon a museum dedicated to . . . sex. The anthropology student hesitated when her boyfriend suggested she apply for a job, but apply she did, and it wasn t long before a part-time position at New York s MUSEUM OF SEX lead to a gig as the museum's curator. That was over twelve years ago. Now Sarah a married mother of two proudly sports her title as Curator of Sex. In SEX IN THE MUSEUM, Sarah invites readers to travel from suburban garages where men and women build sex machines, to factories that make sex toys, to labyrinthine archives of erotica collectors. Escorting us in to the hidden world of sex, illuminating the never-talked-about communities and eccentricities of our sexual subcultures, and telling her own personal story of a decade at The Museum of Sex, Sarah asks readers to grapple with the same questions she did: when it comes to sex, what is good, bad, deviant, rmal? Do such terms even apply? If everyone has sexual secrets, is it possible to really kw ather person and be kwn by them? And importantly, in our hyper-sexualized world, is it still possible to fall in love?
- Author BiographyCurator of the Museum of Sex for over a decade, Sarah Forbes currently serves as the museum s curatorial consultant. She holds a master s degree in Anthropology from the New School, and has been featured in the New York Times, Boston Globe, Reuters, Time Out, and on the Today Show, Discovery, MSNBC's Dylan Ratigan, Bravo's Ironic Iconic America, and HBO's Katie Morgan Show among many others. Sarah lives in NYC with her family.
- Author(s)Sarah Forbes
- PublisherSt. Martin's Press
- Date of Publication05/04/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt. Martin's Press
- Weight272 g
- Width147 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.