Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionSexual Assault [Rape]: Moving from Victim to Survivor is a collection of facts that encompasses social, psychological, and legal aspects created to help you if you are a victim of sexual assault, or if you are part of a vulnerable population (college students, sexual mirities, military, and human trafficking victims). Also, use this book if you are the family, friend, or professional caring for someone who has been sexually assaulted (nurses, physicians, mental health providers, advocates, attorneys, and law enforcement personnel). The issue of sexual assault victimization is of great concern. President Barack Obama has stated, Perhaps most important, we need to keep saying to anyone out there who has ever been assaulted: you are t alone. We have your back. I ve got your back. The White House is responding to alarming sexual assault statistics in the United States; especially among college students. This book is a response to the White House s call to speak up; support all survivors; provide resources to students, advocates, and universities; and educate the public on the realities of abuse. Find strength with this book in the variety and relevance of topics covered. The journey begins with a basic definition of sexual assault, walking through the process of what to do after such an event, and ending with how to help someone who has suffered a sexual assault. Learn about victims rights, responses/reactions to sexual assault, the forensic (rape) exam, DNA evidence, reporting, law enforcement/criminal justice system, protection order/sexual violence injunction, financial help, alcohol- and drug-facilitated rape, and preventing victimization. I try to balance just the right amount of information and my professional experience to show you, if you are a victim of sexual assault, that you are t at fault; and that you should feel free to seek the help you need and deserve. Because of this common need to return to a rmal life, a first step is to ackwledge the pain you are undergoing in order to work through this traumatic experience. This book can help. Likewise, professionals caring for the victim can gain a deeper understanding of the whole process of victimization and help the victim on the road to wholeness. Family and friends can become better prepared to support someone they care about. I leave this book in your hands, which is the result of concise, useful, helpful, understandable, and practical information put together to help individuals be prepared for and become kwledgeable in the process of recovering from sexual victimization.
- Author BiographyLizyvette Ramos has experience working as a Sexual Assault Victim Advocate at the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay, in conjunction with the Tampa Police Department (TPD) and the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office (HCSO) in the state of Florida. Working directly with victims has allowed her to establish a connection with them, and provide unconditional support for their needs, and also guidance through the process of moving from victim to survivor. Profound knowledge obtained via a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (Tampa, FL), a Law Degree (JD equivalent/Venezuela), and a Master of Arts in Forensic Psychology (Sarasota, FL) has helped her to understand issues related to victims of crime. Ms. Ramos' areas of expertise include psychology of the victim, psychology and the legal system, as well as psychology and criminal behavior.
- Author(s)Lizyvette Ramos Ma
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication25/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.