Sexual Offender Treatment: Biopsychosocial Perspectives by Edmond J. Coleman, Michael H. Miner (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.54+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $39.49Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.96
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionGain a better understanding of the biological, psychological, and social aspects of sex offenders, their crimes, and the treatments that can help them The treatment of sexual offenders varies from culture to culture and nation to nation. Sexual Offender Treatment: Biopsychosocial Perspectives assists sex therapists, counselors, psychiatrists, and psychologists working in sex offender treatment around the world in providing more effective services. This book looks at the behavior of sexual offenders and offers treatment approaches that will stimulate your thinking and help you improve your research and treatment methodologies. This valuable and informative book introduces and discusses the formation of the new International Association for the Treatment of Sexual Offenders, which will advance the existing kwledge about the nature of sexual offenders and sexual offenses, work to improve treatment methods and disseminate information about improved methods, and scientifically evaluate therapeutic methods advocate for the right of sex offenders to effective treatment. Sexual Offender Treatment: Biopsychosocial Perspectives presents an overview of recent research in the treatment of sexual offenders as presented at the 5th International Conference on the Treatment of Sexual Offenders in 1998 in Caracas, Venezuela. This book explores: * the recently revised Standards of Care for the Treatment of Sexual Offenders * self-perceived aggression in relation to brain abrmalities in a sample of incarcerated sexual offenders * self-concepts and interpersonal perceptions of sexual offenders in relation to brain abrmalities * brain abrmalities and violent behavior * group family interventions for the treatment of adult male child molesters * the experiences of adult and adolescent female sex offenders * a 7 step system to treat pedophiles who are mentally retarded, mentally ill or physically handicappedSexual Offender Treatment: Biopsychosocial Perspectives provides you with valuable insights and a cross-cultural viewpoint as you benefit from the expertise and experience of international scholars who have set the standards for the treatment of sex offenders.
- Author(s)Edmond J. Coleman,Michael H. Miner
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication02/11/2000
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine3 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.