All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis book bridges psychoanalytic thought and sexual science. It brings sexuality back to the center of psychoanalysis and shows how important it is for students of human sexuality to understand motives that are often irrational and unconscious. The authors present a new perspective about male and female development, emphasizing the ways in which sexual orientation and homophobia appear early in life. The clinical section of the book focuses on the psychodynamics and treatment of homophobia and internalized homophobia.
- Author BiographyRichard C. Friedman, M.D., is a clinical professor of psychiatry at Weill Medical College, Cornell University, and a lecturer at the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. He is the author of Male Homosexuality: A Contemporary Psychoanalytic Perspective.Jennifer I. Downey, M.D., is clinical professor of psychiatry at the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. She is the editor, with Richard C. Friedman, of Masculinity and Sexuality: Selected Topics in the Psychology of Men.Friedman and Downey have coauthored numerous articles on psychoanalysis and sexuality. They are psychoanalysts in private practice in New York City.
- Author(s)Jennifer I. Downey,Richard C. Friedman
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication29/02/2008
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note2 figures
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.