All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.17
About this product
- DescriptionSexus is the first volume of the scandalous trilogy The Rosy Crucifixion, Henry Miller's major life work Henry Miller called the end of his life in America and the start of a new, bohemian existence in 1930s Paris his 'rosy crucifixion'. His searing fictionalized autobiography of this time of liberation was banned for nearly twenty years. Sexus, the first volume in The Rosy Crucifixion trilogy, looks back to his early sexual escapades in Brooklyn, and his growing infatuation with the playful, teasing dance hall hostess who will become the great obsession of his life.
- Author BiographyHenry Miller (1891-1980) is one of the most important American writers of the 20th century. His best-known novels include Tropic of Cancer (1934), Tropic of Capricorn (1939), and the Rosy Crucifixion trilogy (Sexus, 1949, Plexus, 1953, and Nexus, 1959), all published in France and banned in the US and the UK until 1964. He is widely recognised as an irreverent, risk-taking writer who redefined the novel and made the link between the European avant-garde and the American Beat generation.
- Author(s)Henry Miller
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/08/2015
- SubjectErotic Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight351 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.