Shades of Blue: Writers on Depression, Suicide, and Feeling Blue by Seal Press (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.34+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe silent epidemic of depression affects millions of people and takes dozens of lives everyday, while our culture grapples with a stigma against open discussion of mental health issues. Editor Amy Ferris has collected these stories to illuminate the truth behind that stigma and offer compassion, solidarity, and hope for all those who have struggled with depression.Contributors to Shades of Blue include: Barbara Abercrombie Sherry Amatenstein Regina Anavy Chloe Caldwell Jimmy Camp Debra LoGuercio DeAngelo Marika Rosenthal Delan Hollye Dexter Beverly Dofrio Beth Bornstein Dunnington Matt Ebert Betsy Graziani Fasbinder Zoe FitzGerald Carter Pam L. Houston David Lacy Patti Linsky Mark S. King Caroline Leavitt Karen Lynch Lira Maywood C.O. Moed Mark Morgan Linda Joy Myers Christine Kehl O'Hagan Jennifer Pastiloff Ruth Pennebaker Angela M. Giles Patel Alexa Rosalsky Elizabeth Rosner Kathryn Rountree Kitty Sheehan Jenna Stone judywhite Samantha White Shades of Blue brings the conversation around depression and sadness into the open with real, first-hand accounts of depression and mental health issues, offering empathy to all those who have been affected by these issues.It's time to scream out loud against this silent annihilator: We are t alone.
- Author BiographyAmy Ferris is an author, editor, screenwriter, and playwright. She has contributed to numerous magazines and literary anthologies, and her memoir Marrying George Clooney: Confessions From a Midlife Crisis was adapted into an off-Broadway play in 2012. Ferris co-edited (with Hollye Dexter) Dancing at the Shame Prom, and authored the young adult novel A Greater Goode. Ferris has written for film and television, and was nominated for best screenplay for Funny Valentines. She serves on the advisory board of the Women's Media centre and is an instructor for the San Miguel Writers' Conference. She lives in northeast Pennsylvania with her husband, Ken, and two cats who think they're human girls.
- PublisherSeal Press
- Date of Publication29/09/2015
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationSeattle, WA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSeal Press
- Weight257 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAmy Ferris
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.