All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA smudge of cloud on the horizon, then the pale city halo in the night sky. Quiet on the water-in the bare trees, tinsel rain. A bright, silent wheel turns on the bayside where the secret flag is raised at midnight. Skiffs push off from docks in the fair harbor. I don't want to hear, Again, Are you tired? That's why I bought the boat. Shadow of a Cloud but No Cloud, the latest collection from enigmatic prose poet Killarney Clary, is a book-length sequence of unnumbered, untitled poems, each evoking a clear moment in time. The details on which Clary chooses to focus suggest a narrative that will t resolve. The unnamed people with whom she interacts offer exchanges she is desperate to prolong, and in attempts to understand her place, she reaches beneath the fragile armor of those loved, especially those who can longer answer her. This quietly haunting book, remarkable for its subtlety and delicacy, is Clary's strongest, most engaging work to date and amply shows her to be a master of this lyric genre.
- Author BiographyKillarney Clary is the author of three poetry collections: Who Whispered Near Me, By Common Salt, and Potential Stranger, the last also published by the University of Chicago Press. She lives in Aptos, California.
- Author(s)Killarney Clary
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication11/11/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.