All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionThe Golden Age of Moorish Spain was during the 10th century, a time when the benevolent Syrian Arab Caliphs ruled Iberia from COrdoba, the site of the iconic Great Mosque and home to the Royal Library, one of the largest collections of ancient books ever assembled. 10th century COrdoba was the richest, most populous, and most cultured city in the western world. Under the tolerant Muslim Caliphs, the pinnacle of convivencia was attained, that unique period of Spanish history when Muslims, Jews and Christians lived together in relative harmony and peace. Multicultural COrdoba was an enlightened city that treasured its books, celebrated art and literature, advanced science and medicine, and its myriad accomplishments were envied by both the west and the east alike. Shadows in the Shining City is a prequel to Emeralds of the Alhambra, and the second book in the Anthems of al-Andalus Series. Shadows tells the story of the forbidden love between Rayhana Abi Amir, a Muslim princess of the Royal Court, and Zafir Saffar, a freed slave. Young love blossoms in 10th century Madinat al-Zahra, the Shining City, the Caliph's magnificent Royal Palace located just outside of COrdoba. Their love story is set against the backdrop of the epic rise to power of Rayhana's ruthless father, a man history will come to both celebrate and revile for the role he plays in dooming the bright future of Moorish Spain. 606 pages with many maps and photographs Visit http: //johndcressler.com for more information on Author John D. Cressler</p>
- Author(s)John D Cressler
- PublisherSunbury Press, Inc.
- Date of Publication22/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Series TitleAnthems of Al-Andalus
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSunbury Press, Inc.
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight803 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.