All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $126.99Trending at AU $162.41
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $29.93
- AU $26.80Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $56.34Trending at AU $60.28
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.55
- AU $35.11Trending at AU $47.51
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $29.39
About this product
- Description<b>Praise for </b><i><b><i>Shadows of the Dark Crystal: </b></i> With deft ds to the original Dark Crystal movie and a passionate attention to detail, the author has fashioned an impressive prequel. Fans (who will instantly recognize certain elements) and newcomers alike will find themselves immersed in a new narrative, with new protagonists and dangers to face. Readers who crave otherworld fantasy such as Jaleigh Johnson s <i>The Mark of the Dragonfly</i> and Paul Durham s <i>The Luck Uglies</i> will enjoy discovering this new series. <i>School Library Journal</i> While young readers probably won t have seen the film, the books might lead them to it; even if they don t have that point of reference, Henson s world is richly imagined here, and it will be well worth the projected four books to explore the landscape, characters, and storylines. <i>The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books</i> Characters and situations are compelling, and this first of a planned four-volume series aptly sets the stage and the conflict and tugs strongly on the heartstrings, setting readers up for more great adventures <i>Booklist <b>The first series of original vels ever set in the world of<i>Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal</i>. </b><i>Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal: Shadows of the Dark Crystal</i>is setyears before the events of the classic film and follows the journey of a young Gelfling woman who leaves her secluded home to uncover the truth surrounding the disappearance of her brother who has been accused of treason by the sinister Skeksis Lords.
- Author BiographyJ. M. (Joseph) Lee is a novelist, writing mentor, illustrator, and graphic designer with a background in linguistics and film. As a writer, he finds the most rewarding stories in fusion genre, from nostalgic historical fantasies to gritty sci-fi westerns. On the side, he enjoys dabbling in experimental short fiction and drinking a lot of coffee. He is represented by Erzsi Deak/Hen&ink Literary Studio.
- Author(s)J.M. Lee
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication26/06/2016
- SubjectUnclassifiable: no BIC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrosset & Dunlap Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width145 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.