Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $57.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionLIMITED AUTOGRAPHED EDITION This is the original unedited manuscript of the 1985 bestselling vel by Joshua Sinclair which was adapted by him into the legendary television series by the same name. This true story chronicles with mythic detail the life of Shaka Zulu, the greatest African leader in history. Framed around Queen Victoria's decision on England's political stance towards the Zulu Nation, the vel starts with Shaka's illegitimate birth, taking us through his difficult childhood, his obsessive attachment to his mother Nandi, to his overthrow of the leadership of the Zulu nation. Building on his invative methods of warfare, King Shaka established the most disciplined standing army in the history of Mankind (over one million strong at any given time) expanding the Zulu domain from a small tribe of less than 2,000 to an empire greater than that of Napoleon encompassing much of what is w south-east Africa. Mixing prophecy with oral tradition, the author, Joshua Sinclair, spans four decades of Africa's History dramatically punctuating the rise and fall of the one of most formidable empire this world has ever kwn.
- Author BiographyJoshua Sinclair is an eclectic personality. A medical doctor specialising in tropical diseases, he has worked in India with Mother Teresa (Calcutta) and Sister Rosa (Mumbai), as well as in various regions of Africa, especially South Africa. While working as a medical doctor in Soweto, he was approached to write Shaka Zulu and found himself spending the next two years living amongst the Zulus whilst researching this novel which he went on to adapt as the successful miniseries by the same title. Sinclair is a professor in Filmmaking, Comparative Theology and Biblical Anthropology. His medical professions are linked to non-profit organisations such as Doctors Without Borders which he is able to pursue due to his creative talents as a best-selling novelist and a film and television writer, actor, producer and director.
- Author(s)Joshua Sinclair
- Date of Publication10/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1420 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.