Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of essays originally presented on the Blackfriars stage at the American Shakesepeare Center, Shakespeare Expressed brings together scholars and practitioners, often promoting ideas that can be translated into classroom experiences. Drawing on essays presented at the Sixth Blackfriars Conference, held in October 2011, the essays focus on Shakespeare in performance by including work from scholars, theatrical practitioners (actors, directors, dramaturgs, designers), and teachers in a format that facilitates conversations at the intersection of textual scholarship, theatrical performance, and pedagogy. The volume's thematic sections briefly represent some of the major issues occupying scholars and practitioners: how to handle staging choices, how modern actors embody early modern characters, how the physical and technical aspects of early modern theaters previously impacted and how they currently affect performance, and how the play texts can continue to enlighten theatrical and scholarly endeavors. A special essay on pedagogy that features specific classroom exercises also anchors each section in the collection. The result is an eclectic, stimulating, and forward-thinking look at the most current trends in early modern theater studies.
- Author BiographyKathyrn M. Moncrief is professor and chair of English at Washington College. Kathryn R. McPherson is professor of English at Utah Valley University. Sarah Enloe is the Director of Education at the American Shakespeare Center.
- PublisherFairleigh Dickinson University Press
- Date of Publication28/08/2013
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleThe Fairleigh Dickinson University Press Series on Shakespeare and the Stage
- Place of PublicationCranbury
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFairleigh Dickinson University Press
- Content Note19 black & white illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byDr Kathryn M. Moncrief,Dr Kathryn R. McPherson,Sarah Enloe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.