All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its second edition, this best-selling guide demystifies Shakespeare's plays and brings critical ideas within a beginner's grasp. Aimed squarely at the student new to the area, the text provides a thorough general introduction to the plays, based on the exciting new approaches shaping the field of Shakespeare studies. Illustrating how interpretations of Shakespeare are linked to cultural and political contexts, and providing readings of the most frequently studied plays in the light of contemporary critical thought, Shakespeare: The Basics is a refreshingly clear guide to: Shakespeare's language; the plays as performance texts; the cultural and political contexts of the plays; early modern theatre practice; and new understandings of the major genres. Fully updated to include discussion of criticism and performance in the last five years, a new chapter on Shakespeare on film, and a broader critical approach, this book is the essential resource for all students of Shakespeare.
- Author BiographySean McEvoy teaches English at Varndean College, Brighton, and on the Shakespeare MA at Royal Holloway, University of London. He is editor of the Hamlet volume in the Routledge Guides to Literature series, and of a forthcoming study of Ben Jonson's plays.
- Author(s)Sean McEvoy
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/06/2006
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleThe Basics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 10
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date19/04/2013
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight338 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.