All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom bestselling author Bill Bryson comes this compelling short biography of William Shakespeare, our greatest dramatist and poet. Examining centuries of myths, half-truths and downright lies, Bill Bryson makes sense of the man behind the masterpieces. As he leads us through the crowded streets of Elizabethan England, he brings to life the places and characters that inspired Shakespeare's work. Along the way he delights in the inventiveness of Shakespeare's language, which has given us so many of the indispensable words and phrases we use today, and celebrates the Bard's legacy to our literature, culture and history. Drawing together information from a vast array of sources, this is a masterful account of the life and works of William Shakespeare, one of the most famous and most enigmatic people ever to have lived - t to mention a classic piece of Bill Bryson.
- Author BiographyBill Bryson's internationally bestselling books include 'A Short History of Nearly Everything' (shortlisted for the Samuel Johnson Prize), 'A Walk in the Woods', 'Neither Here Nor There', 'Made in America', 'Notes from a Small Island', 'The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid' and, most recently, 'At Home'. Born in Des Moines, Iowa, he now lives in Norfolk with his wife and four children.
- Author(s)Bill Bryson
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWilliam Collins
- Weight210 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.