All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do audiences do as they watch a Shakespearean play? What makes them respond in the ways that they do? This book examines a wide range of theatrical productions to explore the practice of being a modern Shakespearean audience. It surveys some of the most influential ideas about spectatorship in contemporary performance studies, and analyses the strategies employed both in the texts themselves and by modern theatre practitioners to position audiences in particular ways.
- Author BiographyStephen Purcell is Assistant Professor of English at the University of Warwick, UK. His research focuses on Shakespeare in contemporary performance and popular culture. His publications include Popular Shakespeare (2009) and The White Devil (2012) in The Shakespeare Handbooks series.
- Author(s)Stephen Purcell
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication26/11/2013
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleShakespeare in Practice
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight272 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.