All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI will have poetry in my life. And adventure. And love. Love above all. Promising young playwright Will Shakespeare is tormented by writer's block until he finds his muse in the form of passionate blewoman, Viola De Lesseps. Their forbidden love draws many others, including Queen Elizabeth, into the drama and inspires Will to write the greatest love story of all time, Romeo and Juliet. Based on Marc Norman and Tom Stoppard's Oscar-winning screenplay, Lee Hall's stage adaptation of Shakespeare in Love premiered in July 2014 at the Noel Coward Theatre, London, in a co-production by Disney and Sonia Friedman Productions.
- Author BiographyBorn in Newcastle in 1966. Started writing for Radio in 1995 winning awards for I Luv You Jimmy Spud, Spoonface Steinberg and Blood Sugar which all made the journey to other media, his screenplay for Billy Elliot was nominated for an Oscar and was adapted into a multi-award winning stage musical. He has worked as writer in residence for Live Theatre, Newcastle and the RSC and has adapted many plays for the stage including Goldoni's A Servant to Two Masters (Young Vic/RSC), Brecht's Mr Puntila and his Man Matti (Right Size/ Almeida) and Heijermans' The Good Hope (RNT). He is currently working with Roger Waters on a stage adaptation of The Wall.
- Author(s)Lee Hall
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight113 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.