All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionSince the birth of Shakespearean cinema in 1899, there have been around 500 film adaptations in which the Bard has been taken to outer space, downtown Mumbai, and feudal Japan. Exploring this astonishing array of films from early cinema to the present, Shakespeare on Film: Such Things As Dreams Are Made Of analyses Shakespearean cinema in four major contexts - performance, adaptation, film style and popularisation - and interprets his unique ability to penetrate cultures, mindsets and languages from across the world. The book reveals Shakespeare's continuing currency in contemporary culture, and critically examines the dialogues between cultures, mediums, and historical periods that emerge within a study of Shakespeare on film.
- Author BiographyCarolyn Jess-Cooke is Lecturer in Film Studies at the University of Sunderland.
- Author(s)Carolyn Jess-Cooke
- PublisherWallflower Press
- Date of Publication25/07/2007
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWallflower Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width158 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.