All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionWhy are certain words used as insults in Shakespeare's world and what do these words do and say? Shakespeare's plays abound with insults which are more often merely cited than thoroughly studied, quotation prevailing over exploration. The purpose of this richly detailed dictionary is to go beyond the surface of these words and to analyse why and how words become insults in Shakespeare's world. It's an invaluable resource and reference guide for anyone grappling with the complexities and rewards of Shakespeare's inventive use of language in the realm of insult and verbal sparring.
- Author BiographyNathalie Vienne-Guerrin is Professor in the English department of the University of Montpellier III Paul Valery, France.
- Author(s)Nathalie Vienne-Guerrin
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication28/01/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleArden Shakespeare Dictionaries
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight909 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.