All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $108.60
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
About this product
- DescriptionShakespeare's plays have provided audiences with some of the most accurate and enduring depictions of relationships, politics and the human condition. The rich language, multidimensional characters, and sparkling poetry have had a profound influence on dramatists, philosophers and historians for centuries. Today Shakespeare's plays still delight audiences worldwide, and together form one of our cultural touchstones. Shakespeare contains an introductory section that examines Shakespeare's life and reveals why his works are so universally appealing. Subsequent parts examine each of his 38 plays - every history, romance, comedy and tragedy - explaining their themes, contexts and literary and cultural significance. Each chapter is filled with colourful insight and contemporary analysis and includes fact boxes, summaries, statistics and more. This sumptuous book is ideal for fans, indispensable for students and a perfect gift for anyone interested in Shakespeare's works.
- Author BiographyA. D. Cousins is Professor of English and Head of the English Department at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia. He is a member of the Australian Academy of the Humanities and of the General Division of the Order of Australia. His books include Shakespeare's Sonnets and Narrative Poems and The Shakespeare Encyclopedia (Apple Press, 2009).
- Author(s)A. D. Cousins
- PublisherApple Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintApple Press
- Content Note1 colour illustrations
- Width195 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.