All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- Description2009 marks the 400th anniversary of the publication of William Shakespeare's Sonnets. For centuries there has been a raging debate about whether or t Shakespeare was a spiritual person and the extent to which he used the Bible as a source and inspiration in his work. While Shakespeare's plays have garnered much of the attention, discussions have seldom presented a complete exploration of his Sonnets. This book gives a detailed examination of Shakespeare's Sonnets, identifying their underlying themes at the religious and scriptural levels of interpretation. Christian readers and admirers of Shakespeare will be fascinated to learn the extent to which the most widely read author in the English-speaking world relied upon the Bible as an inspiration for his work.
- Author BiographyIra Zinman is a writer, filmmaker and independent scholar who has, also, produced and directed a documentary film, entitled Shakespeare's Spirituality: A Perspective, on the lifelong work of Dr. Martin Lings, whose scholarship has contributed greatly to our understanding of Shakespeare and the spiritual elements that infuse his works.
- Author(s)Ira B. Zinman
- PublisherWorld Wisdom Books
- Date of Publication03/09/2009
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintWorld Wisdom Books
- Weight800 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Foreword byCharles
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.