All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionShakespeare's Theater: A Sourcebook brings together in one volume the most significant Elizabethan and Jacobean texts on the morality of the theater. * A collection of the most significant Elizabethan and Jacobean texts on the morality of the theater. * Includes attacks on the stage by moralists, defences by actors and playwrights, letters by magistrates, mayors and aldermen of London, and extracts from legislation. * Demonstrates just how heated debates about the theater became in the late sixteenth and early seventeenth centuries. * A general introduction and short prefaces to each piece situate the writers and debates in the literary, social, political and religious history of the time. * Brings together in one volume texts that would otherwise be hard to locate. * Student-friendly - uses modern spelling and includes vocabulary glosses and antation.
- Author BiographyTanya Pollard is Assistant Professor of English at Montclair State University in New Jersey.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/12/2003
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note0
- Weight534 g
- Width155 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byTanya Pollard
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.