All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionShakespeare's Villains is a close reading of Shakespeare's plays to investigate the nature of evil. Charney closely considers the way that dramatic characters are developed in terms of language, imagery, and nonverbal stage effects. With chapters on Iago, Tarquin, Aaron, Richard Duke of Glaucester, Shylock, Claudius, Polonius, Macbeth, Edmund, Goneril, Regan, Angelo, Tybalt, Don John, Iachimo, Lucio, Julius Caesar, Leontes, and Duke Frederick, this book is the first comprehensive study of the villains in Shakespeare.
- Author BiographyMaurice Charney has written books on Shakespeare since the 1960's. He retired from Rutgers University as a distinguished professor and was President of both the Shakespeare Association of America and the Academy of Literary Studies. In 1989 he was awarded the medal of the city of Tours in France.
- Author(s)Maurice Charney
- PublisherFairleigh Dickinson University Press
- Date of Publication16/12/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationCranbury
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFairleigh Dickinson University Press
- Weight426 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.