All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<i>Shall Not be Infringed: The New Assaults on Your Second Amendment</i> is a history of the relatively short gun control debate in America and a revealing description of how those hostile to the Second Amendment use polls, studies, and numbers to confuse the public. Expert pro-gun advocates David Keene and Thomas Mason tell the story of the battle fought in the courts, Congress, and state legislatures across the country as well as in the media and even the United Nations. Guns have become a symbol over which battle after battle is fought, all the while hiding the end game of a cultural shift to government dominance. Although the Supreme Court ruled the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to keep and bear arms, candidate Clinton and the Democratic Party have promised to pick Supreme Court justices who will overturn this ruling. Gun control advocates insist the Court was wrong and a new Court should reverse that finding, stripping American gun owners of the Constitutional protection that has thus far made it impossible to ban gun ownership. Addressing vital issues such as deterring and preventing crime, troubling presidential and Congressional politics, problematic anti-gun proposals, and so much more, <i>Shall Not Be Infringed</i> is an essential read for our times.
- Author Biography<b>David A. Keene</b> is the opinion editor of the <i>Washington Times</i> and former president of the National Rifle Association. From 1982 to 2011, Keene served as the elected chairman of the American Conservative Union, the nation s oldest and largest grassroots conservative advocacy group. For more than ten years, Keene wrote a regular column for the <i>Boston Globe</i> and a regular column for the <i>Hill</i>, which focuses on a Capitol Hill readership. He has written for the <i>National Review</i>, <i>Human Events</i>, and the <i>American Spectator</i> along with several book chapters. His appearances include <i>Face the Nation</i> and the <i>PBS News Hour</i>, and he was a CBS News political campaign consultant for a presidential campaign, among others. He is the recipient of the 2016 Lifetime Achievement Award from the Second Amendment Foundation and the 2016 Lifetime Achievement Award from the Conservative Political Action Conference. Keene lives in Maryland. <b>Thomas L. Mason</b> is an attorney specializing in representing clients before international bodies such as the United Nations. Mason was elected to the Oregon House of Representatives for sixteen years and was an associate professor of administration of justice at Portland State University in Oregon. A member of the Oregon, 9th Circuit and US Supreme Court bars, he is the author of <i>Governing Oregon: An Inside Look at Politics in One American State</i>. Mason lives in California.
- Author(s)David A Keene,Thomas L Mason
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Weight408 g
- Width147 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.