All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $74.00
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.16
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.09
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.88
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionIn New Orleans following Katrina all bets are of; all masks dissolved. Don't forget the sham in shaman, Jacob Laguerre lies to his new apprentice, Alex Hampton. When Alex, a twenty-eight year-old anthropology professor goes on field-study to post-Katrina New Orleans, he enters a chaotic and altered landscape where he's psychologically, physically and spiritually challenged by the sarcastic mentoring of the mulatto, Laguerre, a current day voudou shaman. Both Laquerre's and Alex's psyches struggle through stages of transition and rebirth as their lives are enmeshed with a group of quirky fringe-dwellers, as colorful and eccentric as the New Orleans itself. Lily Hampton, a sculptor, torn between her love for both men; Mavis, an artist who spent nights in her attic, but survived the floods; Perry Laguerre, Jacob's hermaphroditic twin, and Bad Jacqui, lesbian owner of a French Quarter bar: are pulled together to form the cynical but ultimately idealistic team who vow to stay in post-Katrina New Orleans. They all follow a taut path between madness and redemption in the man's land of Refrigerator Town as they assist in the aftermath and healing of both the city and those who remain.
- Author BiographyGail Gray, a transplant from Lowell, Mass, now lives in Greenville, SC, USA. She is the owner of Shadow Archer Press which publishes edgy chapbooks and Fissure magazine. In the past Gail has worked in psychological/psychiatric practice, managed an art gallery, worked as a barrister, delivered phone books, flown hot air balloons, and was a professional astrological counselor. Her artwork has been shown in galleries and art festivals throughout the southeast. Her short stories have been published in Morpheus Tales, Sinister Tales, Exquisite Corpse, moonShine Review, The Foliate Oak, Pear Noir!, Dark Gothic Resurrected, Metazen, and Cover of Darkness 2009 anthology. She is the author of two collections of shorts stories, Dark Voices and Memories and Monsters. She is close to finishing the sequel to Shaman Circus... Shaman in Exile and is working on a third novel, Fireworks - Interference Equation.
- Author(s)Gail Gray
- PublisherAll Things That Matter Press
- Date of Publication28/01/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAll Things That Matter Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.