Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $68.04Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionIn his third drum guide, Shamanic Drumming: Calling the Spirits, Michael Drake recounts his journey into shamanic practice and explores what someone should do if they feel the call to become a shaman. Following up on his definitive handbook on shamanic drumming, The Shamanic Drum, the author provides a new series of exercises and lessons that allow for a deeper understanding and utilization of this core shamanic practice. He has written a guide to becoming a shamanic healer that encompasses the power of the drum, of community, and of the accountability inherent in authentic shamanic practice. This empowering book is a call to build relationships with helping spirits. Spirit helpers are the caretakers in the unseen world who want to support the earth and her inhabitants at this time. They are here to teach us how to gather wisdom from the spiritual realms, the natural world, the past, the present and the future in order to give birth to new ways of being. The shamanic relationship between humans and helping spirits supports our spirit's quest for self-realization. The spirits are here to assist us in doing the principal, unique thing we have come here to do in a way that benefits all living things.
- Author BiographyMichael Drake is an internationally respected writer and recording artist. His musical albums, which include Shamanic Journey Drumming and Power Animal Drumming, can be previewed and downloaded on his Amazon Artist Store. Michael is the author of The Shamanic Drum: A Guide to Sacred Drumming, I Ching: The Tao of Drumming, Shamanic Drumming: Calling the Spirits, and Shamanic Drumming Circles Guide. His articles have appeared in numerous publications, including Awareness, Sacred Hoop, and Mother Earth News. Raised in a conservative Baptist Church, Michael had his first ecstatic experience as a youth at a church revival, an evangelistic meeting intended to reawaken interest in religion. This state of rapture and trancelike elation inspired his spiritual quest for meaning and fulfillment. At a crucial point in his search, Michael came in touch with the transforming power of shamanic drumming and discovered his true calling. Inspired by his research and experiences, Michael founded Talking Drum Publications in 1991 in order to share the healing power of rhythm with the global drumming community. For the past twenty years, he has been facilitating drum circles and workshops nationwide.
- Author(s)Michael Drake
- PublisherTalking Drum Publications
- Date of Publication12/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTalking Drum Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.