All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionShamans and Analysts provides a model by which to understand the wounded healer phemen. It provides evidence as to how this dynamic arises and gives a theoretical model by which to understand it, as well as practical implications for the way analysts' wounds can be transformed and used in their clinical work. By examining shamanism through the lens of contemporary approaches to archetype theory, this book breaks new ground through specifying the developmental foreground to the shaman archetype, which t only underpins the wounded healer but constitutes those regarded as 'true Jungians'. Further areas of discussion include: * Siberian shamanism * contemporary archetype theory * countertransference phemena in psychotherapy * socio-cultural applications of psychoanalytic theory. These original and thought-provoking ideas offer a revolutionary way to understand wounded healers, how they operate and how they should be trained, ultimately challenging traditional analyst / analysand stereotypes. As such this book will be of great interest to all Jungians, both in training and practice, as well as psychoanalysts, psychotherapists and counsellors with an interest in the concept of the wounded healer.
- Author BiographyJohn Merchant is a Consultant Psychologist and Jungian Analyst in private practice in Sydney, Australia. He is a member of the Australian Psychological Society, the International Association for Analytical Psychology and is a Training Analyst and previous Vice-President of the Australian & New Zealand Society of Jungian Analysts.
- Author(s)John Merchant
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/07/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white tables
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.