All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShanghai is an architectural phemen - it has more skyscrapers than New York, yet the important buildings from the 1920s and 30s have been preserved - a place where traditional culture rests easily alongside modern aesthetics. Shanghai Architecture is a superbly illustrated volume that takes readers on a fascinating journey through the history of the city - from the original walled enclave through the era of foreign settlements, to the steel and glass high-rises of the modern city.Organised into nine sections, each focusing on an important area of the city, and featuring little-kw historic details and anecdotes about the area, this is an essential guide to discovering what makes Shanghai one of the most dynamic and vibrant cities in the world.This book provides a fascinating journey through the unique architectural heritage of one of the world's most dynamic and vibrant cities.
- Author BiographyAnne Warr is an acclaimed architect and academic. She is also a founder member of Explore Shanghai Heritage - a group dedicated to raising awareness of the city's unique architectural heritage.
- Author(s)Anne Warr
- PublisherWatermark Press
- Date of Publication23/01/2008
- Series TitleWatermark Architectural Guides
- Place of PublicationBalmain, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintWatermark Press
- Content Notecol. photographs
- Weight812 g
- Width135 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.82Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.