All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionBecause the properties of objects are largely determined by their geometric features, shape analysis and classification are essential to almost every applied scientific and techlogical area. A detailed understanding of the geometrical features of real-world entities (e.g., molecules, organs, materials and components) can provide important clues about their origin and function. When properly and carefully applied, shape analysis offers an exceedingly rich potential to yield useful applications in diverse areas ranging from material sciences to biology and neuroscience. Get Access to the Authors' Own Cutting-Edge Open-Source Software Projects-and Then Actually Contribute to Them Yourself! The authors of Shape Analysis and Classification: Theory and Practice, Second Edition have improved the bestselling first edition by updating the tremendous progress in the field. This exceptionally accessible book presents the most advanced imaging techniques used for analyzing general biological shapes, such as those of cells, tissues, organs, and organisms. It implements numerous corrections and improvements-many of which were suggested by readers of the first edition-to optimize understanding and create what can truly be called an interactive learning experience. New Material in This Second Edition Addresses * Graph and complex networks * Dimensionality reduction * Structural pattern recognition * Shape representation using graphs Graphically reformulated, this edition updates equations, figures, and references, as well as slides that will be useful in related courses and general discussion. Like the popular first edition, this text is applicable to many fields and certain to become a favored addition to any library. Visit http://www.vision.ime.usp.br/~cesar/shape/ for Useful Software, Databases, and Videos
- Author BiographyLuciano da Fontoura Costa is a full professor at the Instituto de Fisica de Sao Carlos, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil, and head of the Cybernetic Vision Research Group and the Multidisciplinary Computing Group. He holds BScs in Electronic Engineering and Computer Science, as well as a MSc in Applied Physics and a PhD in Electronic Engineering. Roberto M. Cesar Jr. holds a BSc in Computer Science, a M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, and a Ph.D in Computational Physics. He is currently a lecturer at the University of Sao Paulo.
- Author(s)Luciano da Fona Costa,Roberto Marcond Cesar
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication15/11/2008
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleImage Processing Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 10
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note388 black & white illustrations, 26 black & white tables
- Weight1112 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Series Edited byJr.
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.