All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe three books in the popular Shapes in Math, Science and Nature series, Squares, Triangles and Circles, are w available in one amazing compilation. The design has been refreshed, and the text by Catherine Sheldrick Ross has been lightly updated. What makes the compilation so unique and just plain interesting is how many topics it manages to cover for each of these three most basic shapes. For example, squares are explored t just in terms of what they are, how they are drawn and their geometry equations, which are all described in-depth, but also through ancient legends that feature squares, language expressions that use the word square (?back to square one?), illusions done with squares, city grids designed with squares and famous city centers that are squares (think Red Square in Moscow). There are also numerous ideas for hands-on-learning activities ---projects, puzzles, experiments --- that relate the text to everyday life.<br/><br/>The imaginative artwork by award-winning illustrator Bill Slavin manages to clearly convey the sometimes difficult concepts in the text, while keeping the visuals fun and humorous eugh to hold the interest of young readers. It's easy to see why the books in this compilation have been perennial favorites with educators. It includes engaging, well-written, interactive content that helps make geometry and measurement concepts graspable and even enjoyable, while also offering opportunities for lessons on a range of subjects from science, techlogy and engineering to social studies, art, and architecture. There is an extensive table of contents, glossary, and index for reference.
- Author BiographyBill Slavin is an award-winning children's book illustrator with over 50 books to his credit. His works include Stanley's Party and The Bear on the Bed He lives in Millbrook, Ontario.
- Author(s)Catherine Sheldrick Ross
- PublisherKids Can Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintKids Can Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight930 g
- Width241 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Illustrator(s)Bill Slavin
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.