All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe shape of new techlogies is t set in advance. But how do different social circumstances and different groups of actors influence the forms and outcomes of scientific and technical invation? What are the roles of governance institutions and policies, industry structures and strategies, discursive practices and imaginaries? How can processes of high-tech development be modulated to guide the progress of new techlogies in responsive and responsible ways ? and how might these approaches be adapted to different conditions across the world? The multidisciplinary contributions of this volume from experts in the social sciences and humanities, as well as practitioners in industry and consultancy, try to answer these questions by addressing natechlogy and other emerging techscientific fields, such as geoengineering and synthetic biology. Shaping Emerging Techlogies constitutes the fourth volume showcasing the research activities of the vibrant, multidisciplinary community of S. NET, the Society for the Study of Nascience and Emerging Techlogies.
- PublisherIOS Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIOS Press,US
- Width170 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byA. Dijkstra,C. Coenen,C. Milburn,H. Van Lente,K. Konrad
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.