All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShaping Text takes a practical and broad approach to typography. It is aimed at design students and graphic designers, and also at those who are concerned with content: writers, editors, and publishers. Showing a wide range of examples from first-rate designers across the world, the book examines why and how typographic designs work well in a given context. Particular attention is given to the team play between the text itselfwritten languageand the designthe shaping of the textto form a new, multilevel visual message with a complex content.
- Author BiographyJan Middendorp is a freelance editor, writer and designer working in Berlin, who writes about type, typography, design, performance, media, cultural politics also for a variety of magazines a.o. Items (Amsterdam), Eye (London), Typo (Prague), Typographic (London), Etapes (Paris), Experimenta (Madrid), tipoGrafica (Buenos Aires), ADDmagazine (Brussels), 96 (Ghent), Swiss Typographic Magazine (Zurich), FontFont Focus (Berlin/Ghent), Novum (Munich), Publish Belgium (Brussels)
- Author(s)BIS Publishers,Jan Middendorp
- PublisherBIS Publishers B.V.
- Date of Publication02/05/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintBIS Publishers B.V.
- Content Note200 Colour
- Weight640 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.