All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis, the fourth book in the series 'Celebrating Dance in Asia and the Pacific', explores the current dance scene in Australia from a wide perspective that mirrors the creative engagement of artists with Australian culture and the landscape. It looks at Indigenous dance, choreography beyond theatre, youth and community dance, Australian dancers' versatility and risk-taking. The comprehensive essays recount immigrant influences, the legacy of the Ballets Russes and Bodenwieser companies, dance on stage and screen, education and training and the story of Ausdance -- the unique nation-wide voice and political advocacy organisation for dance.
- Author BiographyStephanie Burridge lectures at Singapore Management University, Singapore and is a dance critic, author and Editor of the Routledge series 'Celebrating Dance in Asia and the Pacific'. Juile Dyson is National Director at Australian Dance Council - Ausdance.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/08/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCelebrating Dance in Asia and the Pacific
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge India
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight518 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJulie Dyson,Stephanie Burridge
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.