Share: The Cookbook That Celebrates Our Common Humanity by Kyle Cathie Limited (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $73.46+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $68.03Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe underlying message of Share is simple: for all our apparent diversity as individuals, societies and nations our actions, however small, can have an exponential, positive influence both on the world and the lives of others. Nothing more beautifully conveys our interdependence than the food we eat. The recipes featured in this uplifting book provided by contributors who are all actively engaged in humanitarian issues, as well women from the eight countries in which Woment for Women International (WfWI) work celebrate this truth and range from traditional Afghani flatbreads stuffed with falafel and Kosovan sticky doughnuts to split pea soup, lamb burgers with mint and beet, and apple tea with cinnamon. Food builds our physical resilience, brings us joy, and strengthens our bonds with family and friends. What we choose to eat, and how we choose to prepare it, can also generate employment, wealth and ecomic stability for others. Chapters include Well-being: Healthy, Everyday Recipes from Afghanistan and South Sudan, with contributions from Alice Waters, Emma Thompson and Annie Lenx; Nurture: Nutritious Family Recipes from Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, plus contributions from Jamie Oliver, Mia Farrow and Alice Walker; Community: Generous Recipes Perfect for Sharing from Rwanda and Kosovo, with contributions from Dame Judi Dench and Christiane Amanpour; Trade Recipes focussing on produce grown as a result of WfWI s farming initiatives, with contributions from chefs like Rene Redzepi; Celebration: Bringing the Global Peace Table to Celebrate our Shared Humanity, with contributions from Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela Ben & Jerry and America Ferrara.
- Author BiographyWfWI is a charity dedicated to working with survivors of war in conflict and post-conflict societies. The charity s core belief is that stronger women build stronger nations and that with adequate access to information and resources, socially excluded women can lead change toward stable societies. They are based in Washington, DC.
- PublisherKyle Cathie Limited
- Date of Publication16/05/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Series TitleWomen for Women International
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKyle Cathie Limited
- Content Note, colour illustrations, colour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight1256 g
- Width229 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Foreword byMeryl Streep
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.