All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionToday's environmental concerns can trace their heritage through scriptures, teachings and actions kwn to generations across the centuries. The millions of followers of the Abrahamic faiths have the potential to turn their common environmental awareness into a worldwide force for the future of the planet they share with all people of faith - and of ne. Combining a lightness of touch with some of the most beautiful and enlightening texts from the Abrahamic scriptures, Sharing Eden is just a beginning.
- Author BiographyNatan Levy is the Rabbi of Shenley United Jewish Community. He is the Rabbinical Expert for the London School of Jewish Studies' Responsibility Unit and in 2009 was appointed as the Environmental Liaison to the Chief Rabbi's Office. From 2005 to 2008 he served as the Jewish Campus Chaplain for the Southwest of England. Born and educated in America, he is passionately concerned with issues of environmental justice and global morality. David Shreeve is the Director of The Conservation Foundation which he co-founded in 1982. He is also the Environmental Adviser to the Archbishops' Council of the Church of England and co-author of How Many Lightbulbs Does it Take to Change a Christian? and Don't Stop at the Lights. He was awarded a Lambeth Degree in 2003 in recognition of his influence in helping the Church's understanding of environmental issues. Harfiyah Haleem is the editor of a collection of essays on Islam and the Environment, co-editor of The Muslim Green Guide to Reducing Climate Change and treasurer to the trustees of the Islamic Foundation for Ecology and Environmental Sciences (IFEES). She works with people of all ages, giving talks and workshops to schools, universities and young people's groups, contributing to sustainability projects and is currently working on How Green is Your Deen?, an Islam TV Channel series for teenagers.
- Author(s)David Shreeve,Harfiyah Abdel Haleem,Natan Levy
- PublisherKube Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication18/06/2012
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationMarkfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKube Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width124 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byLindsay Swan
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.