Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionIn this title, which combines real-life stories and practical advice, Peter Benchley draws on more than 30 years of experience on and under the water, to help the reader approach the ocean and its inhabitants with the understanding and respect they deserve. He describes the many types of sharks, and the few that pose a genuine threat to man, what is and what is t kwn about shark behaviour, the odds against an attack and how to reduce these odds even further, all reinforced by personal experience: the mistakes he has made and the personal perils he has encountered while producing countless articles and television documentaries as well as his vels. Benchley tells us how to swim safely, how to read tides and currents and how to survive when danger suddenly strikes. He discusses what to tell children about sharks and how to develop a healthy respect for the sea.
- Author BiographyPeter Benchley's first novel Jaws was published in 1974. More novels followed including The Deep, Beast and White Shark. He has written articles for National Geographic and The New York Times and has appeared on numereous television documentaries on marine wildlife.
- Author(s)Peter Benchley
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication05/10/2002
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date24/02/2006
- Content Note16 b/w plates (8pp), With index
- Weight350 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.