All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThose who think of sharks as something only found in tropical waters will be surprised to learn that there are 18 species of sharks in the cool waters of the Pacific Northwest, from the 27-inch brown catshark to the 39-foot basking shark. Sharks of the Pacific Northwest provides for the identification of these species, with spectacular photographs and accurate paintings and drawings, plus summaries of the sharks' classification, morphology, distribution, habitat, diet, reproduction and behaviour. It also includes a concise general account of shark evolution, anatomy and physiology, as well as discussion of attacks on humans and details of shark fisheries. It is primarily aimed at a broad, n-technical readership, but its up-to-date and detailed contents make it a useful tool for professional biologists and zoologists.
- Author BiographyDr Antonella Preti graduated in biology and specialised in marine ecology at the University of Turin, Italy, with a thesis on the genetics of Polychaetes. In 1997, she moved to San Diego to further her studies at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography. Tarik Polansky has a Bachelor of Arts in Visual Arts (Media) from the University of California, San Diego.
- Author(s)Alessandro de Maddalena,Antonella Preti,Tarik Polansky
- PublisherHarbour Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHarbour Publishing
- Content Notecolour photos & b/w drawings
- Weight284 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.