Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.21
About this product
- DescriptionAmerican artist Sharon Lockhart is well kwn for her formally strict and conceptually precise films and photographs. Lunch Break , her newest solo exhibition, is the product of more than a year spent at the Bath Iron Works shipyard in Bath, Maine, observing and engaging with shipbuilders during breaks from their daily routines. The resultant two film installations and three series of photographs present images that are devoid of sentiment yet deeply humane, intimate in their focus on everyday situations while reflective of broader global conditions through their historically grounded approach. To accompany the exhibition, this catalog from the Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum includes over one hundred images in full color, essays by exhibition curator Sabine Eckmann and art historian Matthias Michalka, and an interview with Lockhart conducted by filmmaker James Benning.
- Author BiographySabine Eckmann is director and chief curator at the Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum at Washington University in St. Louis, where she also teaches in the Department of Art History and Archaeology. She is the author or editor of several books, including The Art of Two Germanys / Cold War Cultures, Thaddeus Strode: Absolute and Nothings, and Reality Bites: Making Avant-garde Art in Post-Wall Germany.
- Author(s)Sabine Eckmann
- PublisherWashington University, Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum
- Date of Publication12/03/2010
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationSaint Louis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWashington University, Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum
- Content Note100 colour plates
- Weight748 g
- Width222 mm
- Height299 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.