All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThree years after the publication of the groundbreaking Asian American comics anthology Secret Identities, the same team is back with a new volume that is bigger, bolder and more breathtaking in scope. While the first collection focused on the conventions of superhero comics, Shattered: The Asian American Comics Anthology expands its horizon to include edgier genres, from hard-boiled pulp to horror, adventure, fantasy and science fiction. Making use of this darker subject matter, Shattered seeks to destroy antiquated stereotypes of Asian culture.
- Author Biography<b>Jeff Yang</b>, the founder of the pioneering Asian American periodical <i>aMagazine</i>, writes the Tao Jones column for the Wall Street Journal and is a regular contributor on NPR. He lives in Brooklyn, New York. <b>Parry Shen</b>, best known for his lead role in the movie <i>Better Luck Tomorrow</i>, lives in Southern California. <b>Keith Chow</b>, an educator and comics journalist, lives in Maryland. <b>Jerry Ma</b>, the founder of the indie comics studio Epic Proportions, lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Jeffrey Yang
- PublisherThe New Press
- Date of Publication08/11/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe New Press
- Content Note1
- Weight617 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byKeith Chow,Parry Shen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.