All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen jockey Martin Stukely dies following a fall at Cheltenham, his friend Gerard Logan becomes embroiled in a perilous search for a stolen videotape. Logan, half artist, half artisan, is a glass blower on the verge of widespread acclaim for the originality and ingenuity of his work. Long accustomed to the frightful dangers inherent in molten glass and in maintaining a glass-making furnace at never less than eighteen hundred degrees Fahrenheit, Logan is suddenly faced with a series of unexpected and terrifying new threats to his business, his courage and his life. Believing the missing video tape to hold some sort of key to a priceless treasure, and wrongly convinced that Logan kws where to find it, a group of villains sets out to force from him the information he doesn't have. Narrowly escaping these attacks, Logan reckons that to survive he must himself find out the truth. The journey is thorny, and the final race to the tape throws more hurdles and more hazards in Logan's way than his dead jockey friend could ever have imagined. Glass shatters. Logan doesn't ...but it's a close run thing.
- Author BiographyDick Francis has written forty international bestsellers and is widely acclaimed as one of the world's finest thriller writers. In 1996 Dick Francis was made a Mystery Writers of America Grand Master for a lifetime's achievement.
- Author(s)Dick Francis
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication07/09/2001
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Out-of-print date04/01/2013
- Weight155 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Interest Age18
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $11.67Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $36.92Trending at AU $44.25
- AU $17.22Trending at AU $21.15
- AU $23.98Trending at AU $27.20
- AU $18.80Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $10.57Trending at AU $14.26
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $24.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.