All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book to gather and comparatively analyse policies addressing child sexual abuse complaints in a selection of religious institutions in Canada. Although there is a substantial body of literature regarding Christianity and sexual abuse, very little of it focuses on religious institutions in Canada and their respective policies. In the foreword, Tracey J Trothen summarises the Cornwall Inquiry, out of which this book arose. She then examines the Roman Catholic Church, The United Church of Canada, the Anglican Church, the Mennite Church, Islam, and the Canadian Unitarian Council/Unitarian Universalist Association, describing in detail the evolution and particular content of policies and procedures that address child sexual abuse complaints directed at paid and volunteer faith community representatives and/ or leaders. She identifies differences and common themes among the approaches taken by the institutions and provides a summary table for an accessible comparative overview. Child sexual abuse is t new, but the emergence of policies to address abuse complaints within religious institutions is. This book identifies significant and shared causal factors behind the emergence of policy and reviews their content carefully. This review will serve as a significant tool for furthering the development of such policies.
- Author BiographyTracy J. Trothen is an associate professor of theology and ethics at Queenas School of Religion, Queenas University, in Kingston, Ontario. She is the author of over twenty scholarly publications, including Linking Sexuality and Gender: Naming Violence against Women in The United Church of Canada (WLU Press, 2003). Her more recent publications are concerned with the intersections of sport, technology, and religion.
- Author(s)Tracy J. Trothen
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication12/11/2012
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Weight388 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.