All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive book describes invative ways of training sheepdogs and addresses a number of subjects that have t been adequately covered in previous publications; such as working with sensitive dogs and dogs lacking in confidence, the 'square movement', and the 'concept of opposites'. Written by an ackwledged expert, Sheep Dog Training and Trials discusses in a variety of settings new concepts such as the author's theory of 'passive resistance' and the 'pressure on-off technique'. In addition, the author considers ways of optimizing a dog's health, energy, fitness and peak performance.
- Author BiographyNij Vyas has been a sheepdog trainer and triallist for over eighteen years, and his approach has been characterized by maintaining empathy with the dog and by approaching training from the dog's perspective. Nij is a well-respected handler and judge who has enjoyed many wins at championship level. He qualified two dogs for each of the English National Sheepdog Trials from 2004 to 2009 and has also represented the England Team at international level.
- Author(s)Nij Vyas
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication13/07/2010
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note104 colour photographs and 19 diagrams
- Weight646 g
- Width172 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.