All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
About this product
- DescriptionSheila Watson published the iconic vel, The Double Hook, in 1959 and influenced the writing styles of many Canadian authors who followed her, including: Robert Kroetsch, Michael Ondaatje, George Bowering, Daphne Marlatt and others. This is the first collection of essays devoted to all of Watson's writing as well as her work as editor and mentor. The collection examines t only The Double Hook but also the first vel she wrote, Deep Hollow Creek (published in 1992), her short stories and the McLuhan connection. The contributors include: Caterina Edwards, E.D. Blodgett, Mary G. Hamilton, George Melnyk, Margaret Morriss, Margot Northey, Glenn Willmott, and Sergiy Yakovenko. The collection also features material from Sheila Watson herself, including her tes on How to read Ulysses. Joseph Pivato is editor and contributor. The cover photo is by Rowland McMaster from 1976.
- Author BiographyJoseph J. Pivato is a professor of Literary Studies in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences at Athabasca University. He is the founding professor of the Master of Arts Integrated Studies program. His research has helped to establish the academic recognition of ethnic minority writing in Canada, particularly the Italian-Canadian literature.
- Author(s)Glenn Willmott,Joseph Pivat,Shelia Watson
- PublisherGuernica Editions,Canada
- Date of Publication31/10/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintGuernica Editions,Canada
- Weight204 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.