All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.07Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionHave you visited Bangkok, Thailand, the most popular travel destination in Southeast Asia? Nearly 12 million foreign tourists descend on Bangkok each year and included in countless itineraries, Bangkok is usually the first stop in Southeast Asia. Visit the famous and well-kwn historical sites - The Royal Palace, Wats and temples; eat yourself into a happy stupor for pennies (just wait until you see one of Bangkok's Food Courts that spread into infinity and beyond); spend time strolling through different neighborhoods, each with its own distinct character; and cruise up and down the Chao Phraya River, passing famous sights along the way. What about shopping; a walk through infamous Pat Pong; having one of the always painful Thai massages (with or without, a happy ending )... With so much to do, and so little time. your stay in Bangkok will fly by! It seems like some people work their entire life to take an Exotic Vacation, when in reality, such a trip can be had for less than taking the family to DisneyWorld. Especially in Thailand, considered inexpensive by European and American standards (if t downright cheap). Or opt for luxury in some of the World's finest hotels. Let Travels With Sheila teach you how to Travel the World on a Budget, share exotic locations with you kwn only to locals, and most importantly, ease your fears about languages, currencies, personal safety and staying healthy. HERE'S SOME OF THE INFORMATION YOU'LL FIND INSIDE... - Fast & Easy Basics for Visiting Bangkok. - Dos and Don'ts while Exploring Bangkok. - How to Save Big Money! - Sheila's Favorite Bangkok Sights. Travels With Sheila tells it like it is with the good and bad, personalized, up-to-date information, and photographs you need to make the most of your trip to Bangkok. Learn from her experience and speed through this exciting City by following her travel tips. Please visit my travelswithsheila channel on YouTube.com to watch the many videos. Get ready to really see Bangkok, a town with nstop action and destination to just enjoy oneself.
- Author BiographySheila Simkin, a native Chicagoan, has been traveling the world since 1960. The travel bug first hit on her honeymoon in Miami. Fidel Castro had just taken over Cuba and lured by rock-bottom prices, Sheila sweet-talked her ex-husband into abandoning Miami for Cuba. That marked the beginning of her lifetime travel passion and addiction. There are very few countries that are not on her to-see list no matter how remote and/or difficult they may be with many, What was I thinking of moments in hindsight. The U.S. State Department recognizes 193 independent countries and she has visited over 150 in over 40 years of travel (but...who's counting). Touring, hiking, trekking, rafting, snowshoeing, skiing, volunteering on archaeological digs, family trips and, she must admit, occasionally sitting on a beach and compulsively shopping. Her goal is to encourage you to take the big step and travel to more exotic, remote destinations with tips, anecdotes and reassurance that, yes, you will come back alive. Visit her travelswithsheila channel on YouTube to watch over 1,400 videos filmed around the world and covering the gamut from taking a cruise to camping in Egypt's desert, food (fried tarantulas, anyone?), sights and even instructions on how to navigate subways in Paris and Beijing. All Travels With Sheila Guides will tell you the truth, and only the whole truth, about each country and whether sights are a hit, or a miss. Follow Sheila's advice to avoid making mistakes she learned the hard way. For example, not knowing that an important piece of equipment when camping or trekking is...an AIR MATTRESS? A never to be forgotten experience spent in a sleeping bag on the cold, hard ground of Nepal. And what kind of crazy idiot goes trekking in Siberia and gets lost? Really...lost in Siberia? Only Sheila. Happy traveling!
- Author(s)Sheila Simkin
- Date of Publication28/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight59 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.