Save on Travel Guides
- AU $81.77Trending at AU $86.83
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $36.02
- AU $32.07Trending at AU $38.53
- AU $41.50Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $31.68
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $28.02
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever visited Chiang Mai in the far rth of Thailand? Located in The Golden Triangle, where Thailand, Myanmar and Laos meet? Chiang Mai is world's apart from big sister, Bangkok. This area in the Himalayan foothills is kwn for its mountaius beauty, jungle trekking (try elephant riding), ruins, hill tribes, and Wats, (the Thai name for temples). Chiang Mai, a former capital of the Lanna Kingdom, is the place to enjoy the many options. Spend hours walking through Chiang Mai's historical center inside the walled city; this less than one square mile is filled with 30 Wats - all unique, laden with gold - until you are Wat'd out! Spend more hours in Chiang Mai's famous Night Market, bargaining and looking for something different. Head down a street with foot massage chairs lined up on sidewalks, filled with blissful patrons. Let little Garra Rufa fish nibble dead skin off feet. Eat wonderful food. ATV, motorbike, zip line. With so much to do, your time in Chiang Mai will fly by! You, too, can take an Exotic Vacation. Such a trip can be had for less than taking the family to DisneyWorld. Let Travels With Sheila teach you how to Travel the World on a Budget, share exotic locations with you kwn only to locals, and most importantly, ease your fears about languages, currencies, personal safety and staying healthy. Follow her advice to avoid making mistakes she learned the hard way. HERE'S SOME OF THE INFORMATION YOU'LL FIND INSIDE... - Important Tips for Traveling in Thailand. - The Dos and Don'ts of Planning A Trip to Chiang Mai. - Moneysaving Tips for Chiang Mai. - See the Best of Chiang Mai. Now, Travels With Sheila tells it like it is with personalized, up-to-date information and photographs. What you need to make the most of your trip in Chiang Mai whether it is: aromatherapy -- a sex change -- plastic surgery -- or really inexpensive dental surgery; Chiang Mai's got it all!
- Author BiographySheila Simkin, a native Chicagoan, has been traveling the world since 1960. The travel bug first hit on her honeymoon in Miami. Fidel Castro had just taken over Cuba and lured by rock-bottom prices, Sheila sweet-talked her ex-husband into abandoning Miami for Cuba. That marked the beginning of her lifetime travel passion and addiction. There are very few countries that are not on her to-see list no matter how remote and/or difficult they may be with many, What was I thinking of moments in hindsight. The U.S. State Department recognizes 193 independent countries and she has visited over 150 in over 40 years of travel (but...who's counting). Touring, hiking, trekking, rafting, snowshoeing, skiing, volunteering on archaeological digs, family trips and, she must admit, occasionally sitting on a beach and compulsively shopping. Her goal is to encourage you to take the big step and travel to more exotic, remote destinations with tips, anecdotes and reassurance that, yes, you will come back alive. Visit her travelswithsheila channel on YouTube to watch over 1,400 videos filmed around the world and covering the gamut from taking a cruise to camping in Egypt's desert, food (fried tarantulas, anyone?), sights and even instructions on how to navigate subways in Paris and Beijing. All Travels With Sheila Guides will tell you the truth, and only the whole truth, about each country and whether sights are a hit, or a miss. Follow Sheila's advice to avoid making mistakes she learned the hard way. For example, not knowing that an important piece of equipment when camping or trekking is...an AIR MATTRESS? A never to be forgotten experience spent in a sleeping bag on the cold, hard ground of Nepal. And what kind of crazy idiot goes trekking in Siberia and gets lost? Really...lost in Siberia? Only Sheila. Happy traveling!
- Author(s)Sheila Simkin
- Date of Publication29/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight59 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.