All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionWhy Visit the Lesser Sundra Islands? The main focus of those in-the-kw is to see the Komodo Dragons, the largest lizard on earth; vegetate on Lombok beaches; hike up active volcaes; srkel and dive around the popular Gili Islands and Flores. Lombok, Sumbawa, Komodo, Rinca and Flores are all part of the Lesser Sundra Islands; each kwn for different activities and sights. Let Travels With Sheila teach you how to Travel on a Budget, or go for broke and wallow in luxury on Lombok! Most importantly, let her ease your fears about languages, currencies, personal safety and staying healthy. The word, Budget, in Indonesia is just ather word for so cheap, you won't believe it. HERE'S SOME OF THE INFORMATION YOU'LL FIND INSIDE... - Planning Information for a Trip to Indonesia. - See the Best of the Lesser Sundra Islands. - How to Save Money! Are you ready to visit The Lesser Sundra Islands? If so, you'll definitely be on the road less traveled, smack in the middle of Indonesia's Ring of Fire. Sumbawa Island, for example, sees (perhaps) 60 tourists a year! Very few tourists are able to pry themselves away from fabulous Bali, a short boat ride away from Lombok, the most popular Island in the Lesser Sundras. Sheila's Guide to The Lesser Sundra Islands tells the good and the bad as she sees it, experienced by traveling from Lombok to Maumere, Flores, along with informative tips.
- Author BiographySheila Simkin, a native Chicagoan, has been traveling the world since 1960. The travel bug first hit on her honeymoon in Miami. Fidel Castro had just taken over Cuba and lured by rock-bottom prices, Sheila sweet-talked her ex-husband into abandoning Miami for Cuba. That marked the beginning of her lifetime travel passion and addiction. There are very few countries that are not on her to-see list no matter how remote and/or difficult they may be with many, What was I thinking of moments in hindsight. The U.S. State Department recognizes 193 independent countries and she has visited over 150 in over 40 years of travel (but...who's counting). Touring, hiking, trekking, rafting, snowshoeing, skiing, volunteering on archaeological digs, family trips and, she must admit, occasionally sitting on a beach and compulsively shopping. Her goal is to encourage you to take the big step and travel to more exotic, remote destinations with tips, anecdotes and reassurance that, yes, you will come back alive. Visit her travelswithsheila channel on YouTube to watch over 1,400 videos filmed around the world and covering the gamut from taking a cruise to camping in Egypt's desert, food (fried tarantulas, anyone?), sights and even instructions on how to navigate subways in Paris and Beijing. All Travels With Sheila Guides will tell you the truth, and only the whole truth, about each country and whether sights are a hit, or a miss. Follow Sheila's advice to avoid making mistakes she learned the hard way. For example, not knowing that an important piece of equipment when camping or trekking is...an AIR MATTRESS? A never to be forgotten experience spent in a sleeping bag on the cold, hard ground of Nepal. And what kind of crazy idiot goes trekking in Siberia and gets lost? Really...lost in Siberia? Only Sheila. Happy traveling!
- Author(s)Sheila Simkin
- Date of Publication29/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.