All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the successful AC Cobras, Shelby was approached by Ford to develop a hot version of its new Mustang. For 1965 he developed the legendary GT350 and its lightweight racing derivative, the GT350R. In 1967 the GT350 was supplemented by the GT500 with a 428ci V8. After this the stock Mustang began to have more performance even though Ford made the cars more comfortable and heavier. New safety and exhaust emissions regulations in 1968 blunted their performance. Despite Cobra badging and the new King of the Road designation for the GT500KR, power and performance were down. At the end of 1967 production was transferred to Michigan. Production stopped in 1970 after only 10,825 Shelby Mustangs of all years had been built. This is a book of contemporary road and comparison tests, specification and technical data, model introductions, buying a used car, driver's views.
- PublisherBrooklands Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2003
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationCobham, Surrey
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBrooklands Books Ltd
- Content Note600ill.(some col.).
- Weight640 g
- Width200 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine120 mm
- Edited byR. M. Clarke
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.